top of page

Sukha Soma Group

Public·119 members
Steve Young
Steve Young

Azure CLI reference guide: run .az commands for any Azure service

How to Run the Azure CLI with the "run .az" Command

If you are looking for a powerful and versatile tool to manage your Azure resources from the command line, you may want to try the Azure CLI. In this article, you will learn what the Azure CLI is, why you should use it, how to install it on different platforms, how to run it with the "run .az" command, and how to troubleshoot common issues.

run .az

Download Zip: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FploHZ3uiyJ&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw2wwFr9c2P0qfGJSNFR8XkK

What is the Azure CLI and Why Use It?

The Azure CLI is a cross-platform command-line tool that allows you to connect to Azure and execute administrative commands on Azure resources. You can use it to create, update, delete, or query any resource in your subscription. You can also use it to automate tasks, script workflows, or integrate with other tools.

Some of the benefits of using the Azure CLI are:

• It works on any platform: Windows, macOS, Linux, or even in a browser through the .

• It supports multiple authentication methods: interactive login, service principal, managed identity, or access token.

• It has a consistent syntax and structure: all commands start with az, followed by a resource group name, a resource type name, an action name, and optional parameters.

• It has built-in help and feedback features: you can use --help or -h to get detailed information about any command or parameter, or use az feedback to report issues or suggestions.

• It has tab completion and interactive mode features: you can press TAB to complete commands or parameters automatically, or use az interactive. , az eventgrid topic list, az eventgrid event-subscription create, etc.

These are just some of the many things you can do with the Azure CLI. To learn more, you can check out the .

How to Install the Azure CLI on Different Platforms

To use the Azure CLI, you need to install it on your machine or use it in a browser. The installation process varies depending on the platform you are using. Here are the links and instructions for each platform:

Platform

Link

Instructions

Windows

You can install the Azure CLI for Windows using an MSI installer or a PowerShell script. You need to have Windows 10 or later, and PowerShell 5.0 or later. You can verify the installation by running az --version in a command prompt.

macOS

You can install the Azure CLI for macOS using Homebrew, a package manager for macOS. You need to have macOS 10.9 or later, and Homebrew installed. You can verify the installation by running az --version in a terminal.

Linux

You can install the Azure CLI for Linux using a package manager such as apt, yum, zypper, or dnf. You need to have a Linux distribution that supports one of these package managers, and Python 3.6 or later. You can verify the installation by running az --version in a terminal.

Docker

You can run the Azure CLI in a Docker container without installing it on your machine. You need to have Docker installed and running on your machine. You can run the Azure CLI by using the docker run -it mcr.microsoft.com/azure-cli command in a terminal.

Azure Cloud Shell

You can use the Azure Cloud Shell in a browser without installing anything on your machine. You need to have an Azure account and an internet connection. You can access the Azure Cloud Shell by clicking on the icon in the top right corner of the .

How to Run the Azure CLI with the "run .az" Command

The "run .az" command is a special command that allows you to run any Azure CLI command without typing "az" at the beginning. It is useful for saving time and keystrokes, especially when you are using interactive mode or tab completion features.

How to run .az commands in Windows PowerShell

Run .az commands in Azure Cloud Shell

Install the Azure CLI for Windows using MSI installer

Enable tab completion for .az commands in PowerShell

Troubleshoot .az commands on Windows

Uninstall the Azure CLI for Windows

Update the Azure CLI for Windows to the latest version

Run .az commands in a Docker container

Run .az commands in Linux using WSL

Run .az commands in macOS using Homebrew

Run .az interactive mode for an interactive shell experience

Run .az login to sign in to Azure

Run .az logout to sign out of Azure

Run .az account to manage Azure subscriptions

Run .az feedback to send feedback to the Azure CLI team

Run .az find to find relevant examples for a command group or command

Run .az rest to invoke a custom request with the Azure REST API

Run .az version to show the current version of the Azure CLI and its dependencies

Run .az upgrade to update the Azure CLI and its extensions

Run .az configure to manage Azure CLI configuration

Run .az config to set, get, or delete configuration values

Run .az cache to manage CLI objects cached using the --defer argument

Run .az cloud to manage registered Azure clouds

Run .az alias to manage Azure CLI aliases

Run .az bicep to use Bicep CLI command group

Run .az cli-translator to translate ARM template or REST API to CLI scripts

Run .az consumption to manage consumption of Azure resources

Run .az container to manage Azure Container Instances

Run .az aks to manage Azure Kubernetes Services

Run .az acr to manage private registries with Azure Container Registries

Run .az ad to manage Azure Active Directory Graph entities needed for Role Based Access Control

Run .az advisor to manage Azure Advisor

Run .az appconfig to manage App Configurations

Run .az appservice to manage App Service plans

Run .az automation to manage Automation Account

Run .az backup to manage Azure Backups

Run .az batch to manage Azure Batch

Run .az batchai to manage Batch AI resources

Run .az billing to manage Azure Billing

Run .az blockchain to manage blockchain resources

Run .az blueprint to manage blueprint resources

Run .z boards to manage Azure Boards

Run .z bot to manage Microsoft Azure Bot Service

Run .z cdn to manage Azure Content Delivery Networks (CDNs)

Run .z change-analysis to list changes for resources

To use the "run .az" command, you need to do the following steps:

• Create an alias for the "run .az" command in your shell configuration file. For example, if you are using Bash, you can add this line to your .bashrc file: alias run.az='az'. You can use any name you want for the alias, as long as it does not conflict with any existing commands or keywords.

• Reload your shell configuration file or open a new terminal session to apply the changes. For example, if you are using Bash, you can run this command: source /.bashrc.

• Run any Azure CLI command by typing "run .az" followed by the command name and parameters. For example, if you want to list all the resource groups in your subscription, you can run this command: run .az group list.

Here are some examples of how to use the "run .az" command with different parameters and options:

• To create a new resource group named "my-rg" in the "eastus" region, you can run this command: run .az group create --name my-rg --location eastus.

• To show the details of a virtual machine named "my-vm" in the "my-rg" resource group, you can run this command: run .az vm show --name my-vm --resource-group my-rg.

• To delete a storage account named "mystorage" in the "my-rg" resource group, you can run this command: run .az storage account delete --name mystorage --resource-group my-rg.

• To list all the web apps in your subscription, you can run this command: run .az webapp list.

• To update the app settings of a web app named "my-webapp" in the "my-rg" resource group, you can run this command: run .az webapp config appsettings set --name my-webapp --resource-group my-rg --settings key1=value1 key2=value2.

• To enable logging for a web app named "my-webapp" in the "my-rg" resource group, you can run this command: run .az webapp log config --name my-webapp --resource-group my-rg --application-logging true.

• To tail the logs of a web app named "my-webapp" in the "my-rg" resource group, you can run this command: run .az webapp log tail --name my-webapp --resource-group my-rg.

You can also use tab completion, help, and feedback features with the "run .az" command. For example:

• To see all the available commands and subcommands for a resource type, you can press TAB after typing "run .az" followed by the resource type name. For example, if you type "run .az vm", you can press TAB to see all the commands and subcommands for virtual machines.

• To see all the available parameters and options for a command or subcommand, you can press TAB after typing "run .az" followed by the command or subcommand name. For example, if you type "run .az vm create", you can press TAB to see all the parameters and options for creating a virtual machine.

To get detailed information about any command, subcommand, parameter, or option, you can use --help or -h. For example, if you want to know more about the --name parameter for creatin

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page