top of page

Sukha Soma Group

Public·175 members
Austin Perez
Austin Perez

Facebook Paid $8.5 Million For Fb.com

Facebook acquired the domain sometime last year from the American Farm Bureau Federation, which uses fb.org as its primary domain. At its annual meeting in Atlanta, the non-profit revealed that it earned $8.5 million on the sale of fb.com, according to Reuters.

facebook paid $8.5 million for fb.com

Download: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgohhs.com%2F2u5ulR&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw2bgYH9o0J0LDCsVfJ9eZ1k

It was the second move of Facebook when they have gone through such major change with their brand identity. In August 2005, company has paid handsome amount of $200,000 to acquire www.facebook.com and transformed the whole business identity from TheFacebook.com.

Date: 11/01/2010Facebook paid the American Farm Bureau $8.5 million for the domain name FB.com, now used internally by employees of the social network. The transaction might have included other related web addresses yet to be revealed.

Facebook purchased the domain last year from the American Farm Bureau Federation, which uses fb.org as its primary domain. In its annual meeting in the USA, the non-profit organisation revealed that it earned $8.5 million on the sale of fb.com.

Facebook reportedly paid $8.5 million for the FB.com domain name in 2010 from the American Farm Bureau Federation and mainly uses it for its main internal email domain, as well as press releases (FB is its stock sticker). From a security stand-point, the FB.com domain is extremely important to Facebook and it would just be really bad if something were to happen to the domain name. So, in general, the management of the domain name is a big deal.

The many ways in which two-character domains can be used is a major strength of this inventory. They are instantly brandable for businesses that need to attract attention online. Facebook, for instance, paid $8.5 million to purchase FB.com, in 2010. Just this year, The Seattle Times began using ST.news as a link shortener in their social media posts.

In 2010 Facebook decided it wanted the domain name fb.com. The owner was the American Farm Bureau Federation, and they sold it to Facebook for $8.5 million. If you want to sell premium domain names this probably makes you excited. And if you want to buy domains, your nerves may be getting the best of you. But don't be nervous, and don't get too excited either, until you've read this guide on buying and selling premium domain names.

The 20 most expensive domain names ever sold had two factors in common: they were all one-word domains with high CPC and all were dotcoms. Oh, but before that, some more fun facts. Did you know that Facebook paid $8.5 million to the American Farm Bureau Federation for the domain name FB.com in 2011? Or that Aditya Birla Group paid $22,000 for Abof.com in 2015?

This isn't happy news for all of us. Just like what happened last time we had a tech bubble, people with modest incomes were pushed out of the area due to overly inflated values for everything from houses, to cars to teeshirts. When anyone spoke up about the inequities, these same people would publicly state, such as on this own paper's forum, that people who cannot afford to live here, should get out. Nice to be so cavalier while sitting on your padded wallets making decisions for the lives of others. What I see, again, is even more hideously expensive rents, homes being sold for hundreds of thousands, millions actually, over actual worth, much less asking price. Fast luxury cars driven by people reeking of entitlement cutting me off on the freeway. People who have to service these millionaires, cops, firefighters, teachers and food and service industry people, have to commute long distances to get to work. People who have suddenly come into money and not knowing how to handle their newfound wealth with class and grace. Abusive to waiters, rude to our public servants, abrasive in their new positions of entitlement. Sour grapes? Sure. There's that. I'm personally not asking for much, I would give anything just to find a small two bedroom house for reasonable rent so I can be close to my elderly mother. That won't happen for me, and it won't happen for anyone else in my position. Employed, with no health insurance, no paid time off, no vacation pay. We struggle from paycheck to paycheck. As this new wealth hits the valley, the divide becomes wider, with no bridge that will fill the gap. There's also a whole new batch of 1%er's making the lives of others just a bit more miserable. Happy for the people who did well today, and sad for the rest of us who work just as hard for very little compensation who also want a nice life.

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page